Daniel Bravo Grants – 2023 Call
The Daniel Bravo Andreu Private Foundation has opened its 2023 call for grants for short stays abroad in biomedical research at prestigious North American or European centres, with the following aims:
• To carry out basic and/or clinical cardiovascular research that does not have the main purpose of studying drugs.
• To develop or acquire new cardiovascular imaging techniques to improve research and clinical practice.
• To research innovative digital health (eHealth) solutions linked to cardiology that would help improve medical care and/or empower patients.
Applicants must strive to make an impact in at least two of these areas:
• Personal and professional impact
• Impact on the home group
• Impact on biomedical research in Catalonia
It will be considered a plus if the stay, among other goals, seeks to qualify the applicant for International Distinction on their doctorate degree.
For: researchers at universities or public administrations (hospitals and research centres) who have an undergraduate or doctorate degree and are doing research in any field in Catalonia.
Destination country: leading centres in their field in North America or Europe.
Duration: minimum 3 months and maximum 9 months.
What it includes: each grant comes with a €3,000 gross monthly stipend, in addition to travel expenses. Grant recipients will use these funds to pay for their stay, medical insurance and living expenses during the grant period.
Number of grants offered: 3
Submission of applications:
The call will be open from 18 January to 15 March 2023.
The resolution will be made public on this website in May 2023.
To apply for the grants, interested researchers must fill in their personal data and project details on this form and attach the three letters, as required in the rules for the 2023 call, in PDF format (letter of motivation, letter of recommendation and letter of pre-acceptance), before 1 pm on 15 March 2022.